The IMCC Young Adults' Sangha (currently known as YAS) defined our mission in Sept 2023. See below.
Prioritizing young and middle-aged practitioners by leaning into the voices and energy of an age group that is less visible in many Sanghas. We share in a Dharma-focused circular format with collaborative leadership and member-led practice. We strive to cultivate a diverse and inclusive community of practitioners.
We hope you will consider joining us to explore the Dharma's relevance in our lives. Beginners are welcome.
In 2022 the YAS! compiled a list of their collective aspirations for their sangha:
- To be a space that allows us not to know, not to plan, finding space to be with uncertainty
- Coming as we are and feeling safe in being ourselves and feeling included
- To be a space where our voices are welcome, where we feel heard and have space to listen
- To be a space where we have a sense of collective presence and connection
- To be a space where we feel safe in the container of confidentiality and the non-judgement/container of the community is strong and clear
- Create connections between the YAS and the larger IMCC Sangha - intention to learn from our elders and also to share our wisdom and gifts
- To be a space where we can confront and hold space for difficult experiences, emotions, conflicts, etc.
- To be a space that can hold whatever is present